The NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme) aims to provide registered participants with support to reach their full potential and improve their quality of life. Mind Talk Psychology is a registered NDIS provider and offers both ‘Therapeutic Support and Behaviour Support’.
Mind Talk Psychology provides person-centred support and strives to create a therapeutic environment which is safe, respectful and inclusive. Supports are holistic and flexible to ensure participants needs are preferences are accommodated. Key features of support include:
- Therapeutic and behaviour support is offered to individuals aged 12 years or older.
- Support is offered face to face at our Tuggerah office. Facilities include disability parking, lift access and disability-friendly amenities.
- Home visits may be available to participants living in the Tuggerah area
- Holistic support is achieved through consultation with all stakeholders, including family members, carer and support staff.
- Support is individually tailored to suit each participant and accommodate their specific needs. Treatment plans incorporate evidence-based modalities and best practice standards.
- Therapeutic and behaviour support aims to assist each participant in achieving a better quality of life.
- Development of individualised positive behaviour support plans to assist participants in achieving their goals.
- Mind Talk Psychology is committed to eliminating the use of restrictive practices.
- Training in behaviour support strategies is offered to participants and stakeholders, including family members, carer, support and program staff.
- Participant’s culture, beliefs and right to choice and control are central to supports provided. If for any reason, we are unable to meet a participant’s needs, we offer transitional support.